Title: WordPress Mobile Applications with PhoneGap
Author: Yuxian Eugene Liang
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Paperback: 96 pages
Publishing Date: December 21, 2012
Reviewed by: Nikhil Mishra
- WordPress environment setup
- WordPress themes and plugins installation
- Google Maps API with GeoPlaces theme to provide geographic capabilities to the theme
- WordPress JSON API to GET, POST and UPDATE blog content
- Theming content using jQuery Mobile
- Deploying application on Android using PhoneGap
I was somewhat confused when I got to review a book which weighs in at just over 50 pages plus index but I have to say I was pretty much impressed by its contents. The book covers the use of the WordPress JSON API plugin for embedding WordPress blog in mobile applications. The author spends time in explaining basics of WordPress installation, installing WordPress themes and plugins, theming using jQuery Mobile, and building applications for Android using Eclipse and PhoneGap. Could have been better if Yuxian explained iOS deployment and used some open source theme to explain GeoPlaces. Overall, a great guide for beginners.
To read more about this book visit link.